The color palette in our Room of the Week is fun and happy…bright red, yellow and green! But, the colors all feel fresh and sophisticated against the white backdrop. Using bold colors can be fun and add personality to a space, but sometimes it helps to tone them down by using plenty of white.
I just moved from sunny San Diego, where a cold winter day meant it was overcast and 50 degrees (MAYBE rain), to a much colder part of the country. So, after weeks of cold weather this January in the 20s and 30s I am ready for some sunshine-y warmth. If you live in an area of the country with seasons than you probably readied your home during fall last year to make it cozier for the cold winter months and right about now it could probably use a little pick-me-up to get you through till spring.
Why not add a burst of color to a corner of your home? You might not be ready for the lime green SMEG fridge, but maybe new table linens, a bright light fixture, or a new flowerpot (it can keep a houseplant company before flower season) will do just the trick. Just temper the bright bold color with plenty of white to help it blend into its surroundings.
1. I love this brilliant light fixture from the line of lights created by the bloggers at Young House Love. And, the price point is perfect for a tiny mid-winter splurge. PS – It comes in 5 fruity shades!
2. Brighten up your table with these monogrammed linens from Mark & Graham.
5. It’s nice to update your flowerpots each year. And, this one is a no-brainer. Modern, colorful, cute… of course, it’s IKEA.
6. Countdown the minutes until spring with this darling clock from CB2.
8. Sometimes all you need is a new throw pillow to perk up your living room. This Marimekko Fabric would make a good one.
Do you have a favorite way to perk up your home during the cold winter months? Fill me in…I need all the help I can get!