Remember when I shared with you my one-month plan to makeover my front porch? Well, it’s been a month, and it’s done!
Here’s what I did:
- removed the brass mailbox, repainted, and rehung on the brick
- my landlord purchased and installed new, matching lights
- painted the flag holder to match the mailbox and the lights
- repainted the woodwork and the storm door
- painted the front door
- made a new mossy wreath
- bought pots and planted them with ferns and flowers
- and see, that black plate above my mailbox…my townhouse was built in 1980, when intercoms were apparently going to be the next big thing, so every townhouse in my neighborhood has one installed right by the front door. our handyman took the cover off and replaced it with a black plate he gussied up with a colonial star. So much better than the brown and broken intercom box.
I still have to fill those little pots, add a vine to my bigger pots, and redo my bench, but I’m so happy with the results so far. Now, onto the backyard (I’m going to share my backyard plan next week!).
I tried to follow my own Front Door Makeover Checklist when I was planning the changes…how did I do?