One of my favorite casual details in the Room of the Week is the simple textile draped over the neutral headboard. It adds a cozy layer, a shot of color and relaxes the shape of the headboard. I can think of so many scenarios where this could be the perfect design solution:
- to update a hand-me-down bed frame for a current look
- to make a more mature headboard look appropriate in a child’s room
- change up your room temporarily as the seasons change, without spending lots of money
- to cover up a wood headboard for a softer change
- to fancy up a plain, but functional, headboard
This casual trick can work with almost any design style (thought maybe not in a very traditional formal bedroom). Here are just a few examples….
Quilts, small throw blankets, vintage scarves, or even a pretty piece of fabric (try a tablecloth or curtain) will work perfectly. I love to use this little decorating trick when I want a quick update to the upholstered headboard in my guest room.