I’ve finally made some progress on my basement re-do. It’s been several months and I’ve been plugging away and finally have something to show you!
Here’s what I started with…basically a boring white box:And now…I’ve been checking things off my list. I finally picked a color for the fireplace wall and painted it. And, after months of searching Craigslist for the perfect 80″ sofa per my floor plan, I finally found the perfect gray Room & Board sofa. It’s 41″ width makes it perfect for lounging. I added these West Elm curtains ( on sale now!) for pattern and warmth. I styled the room with some pillows, art and accessories I had on hand, but those will all change as I work to make the room fit my vision.Still to do:
- obviously I need a rug…the play room car mat is not going to work
- shelving on either side of the fireplace is going up soon
- new pillows in my coral/gray/navy color palette, with art work and accessories to coordinate
- i want to add one simple mirror over the fireplace to bounce light around in the dark basement
- i have the perfect stump sitting in my backyard waiting to be turned into a side table…hopefully this weekend!
- i have a few ideas for something simple behind the tv…just not sure what yet…stay tuned
Here’s a few detail shots of the blue wall color. Of course I really love the way the orange brick looks with the blue…it’s my favorite color combo! I’m off to sand that tree stump…hope you have a fun (and productive) weekend in the sunshine!