Just popping in between working on client projects and projects for my own house to show you a little project I tackled this week. As I’ve been working on my daughter’s room I knew I wanted a fun patterned lampshade for one of the lamps in her room. When we settled on the plan for the room I knew I wanted to carry the pretty floral pattern I was using for a throw pillow onto the lampshade.
But! I didn’t want to spend another $40 on a yard of fabric to make that happen. So, I decided I would try to paint the pattern directly onto the shade. I took the fabric to Michaels and bought acrylic craft paint to match.
My first step was to paint the base colors on the shade…my daughter helped a lot with this part of the project as there wasn’t really a way to mess it up. This was the point in the process where I was SURE I had just ruined a perfectly good lampshade. Oh dear.
It’s fun to have the pillow and lampshade coordinate and was a pretty painless project (i.e. it cost about $6 and two hours of my time). I just have more detail to finish before I debut my daughters room…hopefully next week!
I hope you have a great weekend!