I just love that little bench turned window seat in the Room of the Week. It’s the perfect little piece to bring in extra storage and seating and take advantage of the gorgeous natural light and outdoor views close by.
A built-in window seat is a fun addition to any living room, but might not be in the budget for yours. Or, if you’re like me, and like to change things up often, perhaps you might consider using a bench or media cabinet or storage piece as a makeshift window seat.
Just a few things to consider when choosing a bench to use as a window seat:
- Make sure it’s at least 18 inches deep, so you have enough room to really sit down.
- Use one that’s around 24″ high (give or take a few inches), so it’s not to tall or short to sit comfortably.
- Consider adding a custom cushion to make it extra comfortable.
- Add throw pillows to tie the piece into the room, and provide comfort for reclining.
- Consider painting the unit the same color as your walls to give it a built-in feel.
Here are 5 fun ideas to inspire you!SOURCES: ONE: Bench & Pillows from CB2 | TWO: Pillows and Bench from West Elm | THREE: Pillows and Bench from Ikea | FOUR: Bench and Pillows from CB2 | FIVE: bench and pillows from Wayfair