A few weeks ago Paperless Post (my favorite way to send a pretty digital invitation) asked me to design my perfect summer party and share it with them and you! I thought this week’s Room of the Week, designed by Amy Sklar, would be the perfect spot to host a small summer book club party. The room is arranged perfectly for good conversation, and the airy mood of the room would put everyone at ease. Plus, that monochromatic room is the perfect base to inject color with fun party decor and delicious food.
If I were going to throw a summer book club in this room here’s what I would do!
I’m not a party expert by any means, but I do have a few tips that I find helpful no matter what kind of party I am throwing…baby shower, bridal shower, birthday party, etc.
1. Buy one nice white tablecloth that you can bleach. I bought one from Amazon a few years ago and have used it over and over.
2. My favorite inexpensive way to add pattern and color into the room is to make a runner with wrapping paper on top of the white tablecloth. The glasses pattern in the image above is wrapping paper from Spoonflower. But, you can find cute paper at Target and HomeGoods.
3. Unless you have a big party budget, hit up thrift stores for fun dishes and vases to make your party look fantastic for a small amount of money.
4. Fresh flowers or live plants will take your party to the next level without breaking the bank.
5. I love to have finger-food desserts people can snack on throughout the party…good chocolates, small pastries or cookies, favorite candies. They seem special, are small enough you can sample everything, and you can please a large amount of people.